5 Ingredient Vegan Gluten Free Cookies
Nothing but healthy ingredients for this cookie recipe. With only 5 ingredients this recipe is easy to prepare and ready in 15 minutes.
Excellent as a snack, breakfast treat or post workout snack, try your best not to eat too many at once.
Healthy Living Starts Here
Health Benefit Of Raw Almond Meal
5 Ingredient Vegan Gluten Free Cookies taste amazing, and yes is healthy, therefore for this recipe I will share the health benefits for one particular ingredient which is raw almond meal.
Raw almond is known to have a series of health benefits. It contains lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and Vitamin E.
Loaded with antioxidants it helps to prevent heart disease, supports brain function, protects cell membranes, supports healthy skin, controls blood sugar levels, improves digestion health and fights inflammation.
It helps to lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels, reduces hunger and is incredibly effective for weight loss.
Almond meal also supports your cellular metabolism because of its mineral content.
It provides significant amounts of copper and magnesium, which are two minerals that activate enzymes your cells can use to produce useable energy.
Copper also supports the strength of your connective tissues, while magnesium helps you make the DNA required for cell reproduction.
Almonds is extremely beneficial for your health! Incorporate almonds into your diet today and see the benefits firsthand!
How To Make Almond Meal
- Place 1/2 cup almonds in a coffee bean grinder.
- Pulse several times until a medium-fine textured meal forms and don’t over-grind.
- Place ground almond meal in a flour sifter. Sift almond meal.
- Do not over-grind the almonds or you will end up with almond butter!
- Use a flour sifter free of any gluten cross-contamination.
- Store-bought almond meal is frequently made with blanched almonds.
- Always store almond meal in the refrigerator or freezer.
What You Need:
- Almonds, either blanched or whole with skin
- Electric coffee bean grinder
- Flour sifter
- Storage container
Vegan, Vegetarian And Gluten Free
- 1 cup Dates, packed (soaked for 10 minutes in warm water and then drained)
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp all natural, salted almond butter or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- Optional add-ins: dried fruit, dairy-free chocolate chips, flaxseed, seeds, nuts
Read full details on: Minimalist Baker and image courtesy of Minimalist Baker