Clean Eating Snacks & Ideas
Please see below our list of 160 clean eating snacks that includes gluten free, vegan, vegetarian and paleo options.
The recipes and suggestions, easily can be combined to create healthy clean meals.
Also check out our list of healthy snacks to buy online.
Healthy Living Starts Here
160 Healthy Snacks To Eat
1) CHIA SEED PUDDING:
1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
1/2 cup chia seeds
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
This delicious recipe brings all of the goodness of healthy ingredients, with a healthy sweetener that taste amazing!
2) ANTS ON A LOG: Celery sticks stuffed with natural peanut butter then topped with raisins.
3) CANNED SALMON: Nothing to prepare.
4) FRUITSICLES: Puree fruit that is overripe, then freeze it in popsicle forms i.e. strawberry-banana.
5) GUACAMOLE: 4 ripe avocados, squeeze 1 lemon, dash of cayenne pepper, small onion diced, garlic clove minced, 1 TSP sea salt, medium tomato seeded and diced.
6) SAVORY SNACK MIX: Popcorn and nuts sprinkled with parmesan cheese and spices
7) TZATZIKI: This yummy Greek garlic and yogurt dip is a satisfying snack with homemade crackers or veggies
8) BANANA SMOOTHIE: Blend ½ cup of sliced banana, ¼ cup of Greek Yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth.
9) GAZPACHO: Puree tomatoes, peppers, onions, jalapenos, and other seasonal veggies. Keep in the fridge and serve cold.
10) BANANA NUT COOKIES: Mash 2 overripe bananas. Stir in 1 cup of steel-cut oats and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
11) COTTAGE CHEESE WITH FLAX SEEDS AND CINNAMON:
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Dash of stevia,
12) CANNED TUNA: Perfect on the go snack.
13) CINNAMON ROASTED ALMONDS: A healthy snack that is addictive.
14) FLOURLESS BROWNIE BITES: Hard to resist gluten free brownies.
15) CLEAN EATING BLUEBERRY CRUMB BARS: These are amazing!
16) THE ULTIMATE HEALTHY SOFT & CHEWY OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES: Healthy and easy to make.
17) CLEAN EATING NO CHURN MANGO ICE CREAM: Vegan and Gluten Free creamy dessert.
18) YOGURT, FRUIT AND GRANOLA POPSICLES: A guilt free healthy frozen treat.
19) SKINNY BANANA COOKIES: Only 3 ingredients and easy to make.
20) CHOCOLATE DIPPED ALMOND BUTTER BANANA BITES: A quick sweet treat for anyone in the family.
21) 5 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES: Perfect solution for a healthy snack.
22) APPLE ALMOND BUTTER STACKS: Organic apple slices filled with almond butter and granola for a super delicious snack.
23) VEGAN STRAWBERRY SWIRL ICE CREAM: You may substitute with light coconut cream milk for the heavy cream. Delicious!
24) RANCH CAULIFLOWER BITES: Healthy snack idea. Dipped in ketchup tastes like french fries!
25) PAN FRIED CINNAMON BANANAS: Quick and easy. A fantastic snack for children and adults!
26) HEALTHY BANANA PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM: Only 2 ingredients, nothing else.
27) BAKED APPLE CINNAMON CHIPS: Healthy and addicting you will want to try these.
28) CRISPY GREEN BEAN CHIPS: A healthy way to use veggies. Get ready to devour!
29) HEALTHY LEMON COCONUT ENERGY BALLS: A great Gluten Free and Paleo snack.
30) GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED CHICKPEAS: An amazing snack to have on hand.
31) HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY FRUIT LEATHER: Easy recipe with very few ingredients needed.
32) HEALTHY SOUR WATERMELON HOMEMADE GUMMIES: An absolute favourite!
33) HEALTHY BLUEBERRY ALMOND CRISP: This crisp is full of healthy ingredients. Its the perfect dish to whip up on the weekends. A healthy and popular clean dessert you will want to include on the menu for your family.
35) CAULIFLOWER BREADSTICKS: A delicious vegetarian/gluten free, easy to prepare recipe that is highly popular!
36) VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: Absolutely the best!
37) SPICY VEGAN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP: A great vegan appetizer that will not disappoint your guests.
38) KALE CHIPS: A favourite snack of mine. Source for recipe is Healthline.com
1 cup (67 grams) of bite-sized kale leaves
1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) of salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place kale pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10–15 minutes. Keep an eye on the chips to make sure they do not burn. .
39) DARK CHOCOLATE AND ALMONDS: You can carry this snack with you anywhere.
40) CUCUMBER SLICES WITH HUMMUS: Enjoy!
41) TURKEY TACO LETTUCE WRAP: Very nice paleo dish.
42) THE BEST DAMN VEGAN NACHOS: This recipe is simply delicious.
43) POPCORN: Using a air popcorn maker toss with sea salt and flax oil.
44) HEALTHY BEEF JERKY: A high protein portable snack.
45) DRIED UNSWEETENED COCONUT: You can purchase online for your convenience.
46) SKINNY BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS: Vegetarian muffin recipe that you can substitute gluten free flour as an option.
47) NO BAKE ENERGY BITES: 14 gluten free and vegan, delicious, nutty, yet lightly sweet snacks with 3 to 6 ingredients!
48) BULK MEALS: Prepare large batches of homemade chili, meatballs, soup, spaghetti sauce along with chopped cooked chicken etc and freeze it for a delicious healthy “fast food meal” when you need it.
49) GLUTEN FREE CARROT CAKE: Packed with flavour, Gluten Free Carrot Cake is packed with flavour. Its also dairy free!
50) FRUIT: Nothing to prepare.
51) CRISPY SWEET POTATO FRIES WITH BEET KETCHUP: My family loves this recipe. A very healthy snack.
52) THE WORLD’S EASIEST CINNAMON ROLLS: This recipe is vegan and uses natural sugar.
54) NO CHURN CHOCOLATE CHIP COCONUT VEGAN ICE CREAM: A rich, flavourful, creamy chocolate dessert with no ice cream maker required!
55) 2 INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE BANANA ICE CREAM: Minimal ingredients for a tasty treat.
56) MIXED NUTS: Perfect treat!
57) RED BELL PEPPER WITH GUACAMOLE: Easy to prepare.
58) APPLE SLICES WITH PEANUT BUTTER: Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free salsa that is a nice compliment for any dish.
59) GRILLED PINEAPPLE: A great combination.
60) BAKED APPLES: Remove core of apple then fill with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake until tender.
61) TORTILLA WRAP: 100% whole grain tortilla topped with protein, shredded carrots, cucumber slices, baby spinach leaves, and cranberry relish.
62) QUINOA SALADS: Healthy and vibrant in color and nutrition. Amazing Vegetarian and Gluten Free recipes you can prepare for lunch, school or work.
63) STEAMED VEGGIES: Steamed veggies smothered in real butter & sea salt.
64) SWEET POTATO FRIES: Slice one sweet potato and place on baking sheet. Add 1 TSP of olive oil then baked at 400° for 10 minutes.
65) BAKED PUMPKIN SEEDS: Place 2 TBSP of pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet. Sprinkle olive or coconut oil, then bake at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Once done sprinkle a tiny amount of salt on top.
66) POPSICLES: Puree watermelon, strawberries, mango, banana, etc then freeze in popsicle molds.
67) FLOURLESS BANANA ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES: Perfect and delicious alternative for Vegans. Enjoy!
68) CHEESY ROASTED ASPARAGUS: Place four asparagus spears spritzed with olive-oil on a baking sheet. Place 2 TBSP of grated parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 minutes at 400°.
69) TURKEY ROLL-UPS: Another creative way to use turkey is to use 4 slices turkey dipped in 2 TSP of honey mustard. Roll the turkey and use toothpicks to keep it the roll in place for a nice appetizer.
70) STRAWBERRY SALAD: Add 1 cup of fresh spinach, ½ cup of sliced strawberries with 1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar.
71) BLACK BEANS: Mix 1/4 cup of black beans with 1 TBSP of salsa, 1/2 TBSP of guacamole with 1 TBSP of Greek yogurt. Serve with 4 celery stalks.
72) QUESADILLA: Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Throw in the onions and peppers and cook until the peppers have a few dark brown/black areas, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Sizzle 1/2 TBS of real full fat butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Lay a 100% whole grain whole wheat or corn tortilla in the skillet. Then build the quesadillas by adding ingredients such as grated full fat cheese, tomatoes, beans, corn, olives, avocado, guacamole. Top with second tortilla.
When the tortilla is golden on the first side, carefully flip the quesadilla to the other side, adding another 1/2 TBSP of butter to the skillet. Continue cooking until the second side is golden. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
73) SWEET ROASTED PECANS: On baking sheet add 20 raw unsalted pecans. After pecans are roasted and still hot, add 3 TBSP of maple syrup and 1 TBSP of cinnamon and mix well.
74) CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES: Dip 5 strawberries in 2 squares of dark melted chocolate. Yum!
75) HONEY FLAVOURED YOGURT: In a bowl place ½ cup of Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 TSP of raw honey.
76) TROPICAL SMOOTHIE: Blend ¼ cup of pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice with ice. Delicious!
77) AVOCADO/HUMMUS BREAD: Top 1 TBSP of avocado with 1 TBSP of hummus
78) ASPARAGUS WITH ALMONDS: Steam 6 asparagus spears. Remove from pot. Add 1 TBSP of almond slivers.
79) PALEO SPICED NUTS: A great snack that is high in protein.
80) BAKED FRENCH FRIES: Preheat oven at 450°.
You will need:
6 potatoes cut into thick fries
1/4 cup of exta virgin olive oil
1 TSP each of paprika, garlic, chili and onion
Mix olive oil, paprika, minced garlic, chili and minced onion together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.
81) BRUSCHETTA TOAST: 1/2 slice 100% whole grain toast brushed with 1/2 TSP of olive oil. Top with 1 TBSP of Greek Yogurt. 3 TBSP of diced tomatoes with a pinch of chopped garlic and basil
82) FROZEN BANANA: Peel the banana then place in the freezer overnight for a yummy popsicle.
83) PRE ASSEMBLED SALAD: If your veggies are pre-washed you can put this together very quickly. As well, salad can be pre assembled. Simply add protein and dressing at serving time.
84) STRAWBERRY YOGURT BARK: A delicious snack to consume yogurt and strawberries.
85) FROZEN GRAPES: Place fresh grapes in the freezer overnight for a nice treat the next day.
86) WHOLE GRAIN CRACKERS: Purchase any 100% whole grain crackers with minimal processed ingredients and top it with cheese, peanut butter, pate or tuna.
87) MANGO BOWL
3 TBSP coconut cream
2 bananas, peeled, chopped & frozen
1 TBSP coconut shreds
2 scoops of fresh dragon fruit
1 TBSP carob chips or cacao nibs
1 scoop of homemade mango ice cream
Blend mangoes, coconut cream and frozen bananas. Top with coconut shreds, 2 scoops of dragonfruit, carob chips, finally top with 1 scoop of homemade mango ice cream!
88) CHEESY BREADED TOMATOES: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 TBSP of 100% whole grain breadcrumbs sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
89) GREEN SMOOTHIES
See 4 options below:
1. Banana, spinach and almond milk
2. Cucumber, pear, apple juice, lemon and mint
3. Coconut water, kale, banana and avocado
4. Kiwi, spinach, pineapple, coconut water and banana
Feel free to add extra ingredients based on your preference:
Ground flax seeds, psyllium husks, maca powder, acai powder, almonds, oats and parsley, agave or dates.
Tip: A delicious green smoothie has a ratio of 60% fruit to 40% veggies.
90) DARK CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
Absolutely delicious! Add ingredients to blender. Enjoy.
4 squares of organic, fair trade, dark chocolate
2 cups of coconut milk
2 tsp if raw cacao powder
4 ice cubes
91) GREEK YOGURT WITH BERRIES: Add a scoop of greek yogurt on top of berries!
92) BLACK FOREST SMOOTHIE: Chocolate and cherries combine to make one deliciously thick and creamy Gluten Free Black Forest Smoothie.
93) APPLESAUCE: Add applesauce on top of granola and Greek Yogurt for a quick no-cook “apple crisp”.
94) HUMMUS: Serve hummus with raw veggies, homemade crackers, or whole grain tortillas.
95) MINI PIZZA: Add your favorite ingredients to 100% whole grain bread, tortilla or pita bread
96) CEREAL: Bowl of natural whole grain cereal with 1/2 cup of non dairy milk with berries.
97) BERRY CREAM: Fresh berries with raw honey or real maple syrup with real cream.
98) SWEET POTATO CHIPS: A delicious and healthier alternative to regular potato chips!
99) GRAIN FREE PALEO BAKED ONION RINGS: Another Gluten Free and Paleo healthy snack.
100) SALMON JERKY: I love salmon and this is a great way to prepare salmon as a Gluten Free and Paleo treat.
101) CREAMSICLE GUMMY FRUIT SNACKS: A healthy balance of clean organic ingredients.
102) GRAIN-FREE MUDSLIDE FUDGE COOKIES: Melt in your mouth delicious gluten free chocolate dessert.
103) THE BEST DANG GRANOLA BARS EVER: All I can say is WOW!!!
104) AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING: A delicious vegan chocolate pudding option.
105) HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE: A quick, delicious, yummy homemade dairy and sugar free hot chocolate recipe.
106) HOW TO MAKE NUT MILK: For a delicious homemade dairy free milk option. Recipes include my favorite raw cacao hazelnut milk.
107) LOADED PALEO NACHOS: A fantastic Vegan, Gluten Free and Paleo version!
108) THE EASIEST GLUTEN FREE & GRAIN FREE MUFFINS EVER: Delicious!
109) CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA APPLE BITES: A delicious snack that is actually good for you.
110) HOMEMADE LARABARS: Tons of variations!
111) STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM SMOOTHIE: Vegan and Gluten Free, this sweet and creamy smoothie is like a strawberry milkshake, but healthier.
112) CHOCOLATE DAIRY FREE CREAM: Awesome chocolate dessert for those who can’t have dairy.
113) CREAMIEST VEGAN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM: Vegan and Gluten Free delicious option for chocolate ice cream.
114) HOMEMADE HEALTHY KOMBUCHA FRUIT SNACKS: This fruit snack is filled with tons of health benefits.
115) OVEN BAKED ITALIAN MEATBALLS WITH MARINARA SAUCE: For those in my kitchen who love meat. This moist dish is a hit.
116) CELERY STICKS WITH CREAM CHEEE: Simple delicious snack!
117) BAKED VEGAN SAMOSA: A favourite treat.
118) HEALTHY GREEK YOGURT AND HONEY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS: For a quick snack or treat indulge in soft, buttery, SUPER fluffy blueberry muffins!
119) BAKED CINNAMON APPLE CHIPS: Very addicting! Vegan and Gluten Free snack. (Still taste great when you omit the sugar)
120) HEALTHY STRAWBERRY OAT SQUARES: Easy to make these oat bars contain only 1 TBSP of refined sugar, no flour, butter or oil.
121) ORGANIC SLICED SWEET PEPPERS
122) WATERMELON SLICES
123) DATES WITH ALMOND BUTTER
124) PEACHES WITH COTTAGE CHEESE
125) VEGETABLE JUICE
127) WHOLE WHEAT PRETZELS
128) ALMOND & RAISINS
129) SLICED APPLE WITH CHEESE
130) BAKED CHIPS WITH SALSA
131) SOY CHIPS
132) HARD BOILED FREE RANGE EGGS
133) CHEESE: Any kind as long as its not processed
134) ROASTED OR BAKED CHICKEN
135) DRIED DATES
136) SNAP PEAS
137) POTATO CHIPS
138) DEVILED EGGS
139) DARK CHOCOLATE
140) BROWN RICE CAKES
141) QUINOA PUDDING
142) CHERRY TOMATOES
143) UNSWEETENED RAISINS
144) GREEN SALAD
145) BAKED OATMEAL
146) BAKED ORGANIC CORN CHIPS WITH SALSA
147) HANDFUL OF RAW NUTS AND SEEDS
148) DATES STUFFED WITH ALMOND BUTTER
149) CUCUMBER SLICES WITH SALSA
150) CELERY AND ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER
151) GRAIN FREE CRACKERS WITH FULL FAT CHEESE
152) GREEK YOGURT WITH ORGANIC GRANOLA AND FRUIT
153) 100% WHOLE GRAIN TOAST WITH ORGANIC PEANUT BUTTER AND HONEY
154) MELTED DARK CHOCOLATE AND BANANA SLICES
155) BAKED SWEET POTATO WITH SEA SALT AND PEPPER
156) TUNA ON GRAIN FREE CRACKERS
157) OLIVES AND PICKLES
159) FRESH FRUIT SMOOTHIES
160) STEAMED BROCCOLI
161) PALEO TRAIL MIX: A great Gluten Free and Paleo snack that is full of flavor.
Additional Options For Healthy Snacks
Fruits and vegetables are incredibly great options for clean eating.
They also make excellent snacks during the day. They are light, clean, tasty, and for the most part, easy to prepare.
Fruit and vegetables can be eaten raw, which is the cleanest way to consume foods.
Here are some of the least contaminated options for fruit and vegetables:
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet Peas
- Sweet Potatoes
Many of these ingredients can be consumed on their own or combined to create delicious salads.
Eating these foods will ensure that you maintain a clean eating lifestyle whenever you have a snack during the day. Your body will be well nourished with the nutrients these foods provide.
Meanwhile, you’ll have energy to make it through the day.
Start A Clean Eating Lifestyle Today
If you like to shop online for clean food, you can shop in our store today!
Of course we know eating clean is often associated with higher prices, but it doesn’t have to be.
To adopt or maintain your clean eating habits long term, try this amazing new method now!