This pomegranate, pear and avocado salad is full of delicious fresh flavors and simply delicious!. It serves 4 to 6 people and is ready in less than 15 minutes. It’s perfect for the holidays!
Pomegranate is known as one of the healthiest fruits on the planet. The tart, juicy edible seeds are filled with tons of nutrition!
This pretty seasonal fruit can help fight off colds, boost your heart, and avoid overeating. It can also reduce arthitis and joint pain, fight cancer, lower blood pressure, fight bacterial and fungal infections, treat erectile dysfunction, improve memory and exerise performance and fight inflammation.
One study in diabetics found that 250 ml of pomegranate juice per day for 12 weeks lowered the inflammatory markers CRP and interleukin-6 by 32% and 30%, respectively.
The punicalagins in pomegranate juice have been shown to reduce inflammation, one of the leading drivers of many degenerative diseases.
Helpful Tips And Suggestions To Seed Pomegranate Fruit
Jamie Oliver shows you how to de-seed and juice a pomegranate in 1 minute flat!
- Sprinkle on breakfast
- Add it to a sauce to compliment chicken or turkey dish
- Eat with vegetables
- Drink as a juice
Gluten Free And Vegetarian
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and roughly-chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ripe pear, cored and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (or blue cheese, or feta cheese)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (about half of a small red onion)
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- citrus vinaigrette (see below)
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup orange juice (freshly-squeezed, if possible)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey, if needed to sweeten
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Read full details on: Gimme Some Oven