Morning Yoga Routine For Beginners
This 10 minute morning yoga routine for beginners will help you tone, improve flexibility, lose weight, and build a strong foundation of some of the most essential yoga poses.
This energizing routine can work as a natural stimulant to set you up for a productive day.
While an hour-long yoga class would be ideal to get the day started, unfortunately sometimes we don’t have the time.
This short yoga morning routine encourages the use of breathing and gentle movement.
Practice a few minutes a day and reap the full benefits.
Why Yoga Is Better Than The Gym
In reality the gym isn’t for everyone. Only 12 percent of the general population own a fitness membership.
If you are the type of person who is less interested in cardio and weight training, choosing to participate in yoga may not only be easier for your body – but also better for your body.
Yoga For Fat Loss
Yoga will boost your metabolism, which contributes to more efficient calorie burn.
With proper diet and regular yoga training, you can lose weight faster than you think.
Yoga Relieves Stress
Stress is one of the most prevalent issues that we experience on a daily basis.
Whether you are dealing with a large project at work or if your child stays out too late one night, stress is everywhere.
Over 54% of North Americans are concerned about the amount of stress they experience on a daily basis.
It is of the utmost importance that you find as many ways as possible to reduce your stress levels.
Not only is it a mental burden, but it can also bring on physical issues as well. Below are some of the most popular methods that you can use to reduce your overall levels of stress.
One of the best methods of exercise that is renowned for its stress healing properties is yoga.
Even if you aren’t comfortable with visiting a professional yoga studio, try doing it at home during your down time.
With a combination of stretching your entire body and breathing deeply, you will be able to completely eliminate physical and mental stress.
Inner and Outer Benefits Of Yoga
Yoga has tons of benefits. Practicing yoga improves your digestion as it will allow you to become more regular and release any tension in your digestive organs.
It is also fantastic for improving your cardiovascular health, breathing, immunity, energy, concentration, flexibility and posture. It also relieves aches and creates calm.
Furthermore it aids weight loss and helps to tone and tighten every area of your body.
Yoga Builds Lean Muscle
Due to stretching, holding of poses and balancing techniques used in yoga, you will influence your body to get rid of most of your excess weight to acquire a lean appearance, rather than a muscular one.
Slow and Controlled Yoga Movements Are Better For Your Body
Yoga is known for allowing participants to take it slow, which is why it is such a popular form of exercise.
Instead of pushing your body to the extreme in the gym, yoga allows you to use slow and controlled movements.
This teaches your body to gradually get into a rhythm that you are comfortable with, instead of pushing you past your limits.
With the use of stretching, you will gradually be able to increase your mobility, strength and overall endurance.
Practice Yoga Anywhere At Any Time
If you have the opportunity to attend a yoga class in a studio, it is a completely different experience than doing it at home.
The skills that you learn in the yoga studio can be used in the comfort of your own house. Furthermore, it’s inexpensive to practice yoga at home.
It does not matter if you are in your home, office or on the road. All you need is a DVD and that’s it. Dress comfortably and use the carpet if you do not have a mat.
This is what makes yoga so much more advantageous than going to the gym, as you can do it at anytime, anywhere.
Yoga is an incredibly popular method of exercise with programs available at your disposal.
Scroll Below To See Full Instructions Along With Our Printable PDF For The Morning Yoga Routine Workout
1) 8 yoga exercises
2) Instructions on how to perform each exercise
3) Infographic with visual instructions to follow online
4) Print PDF available at the end of the infographic
WIDE LEG CHILD POSE
CHEST TO THIGH
How To Do A Child Pose
1) On a mat start in a kneeling position with your thighs touching.
2) Drop your butt toward your heels and stretch your body forward with your stomach comfortably on top of your thighs.
3) In a fully stretched position rest your arms in a relaxed position in front of you on the floor and rest your forehead on the mat. You should feel a stretch in your shoulders, buttocks, spine and arms.
How To Do A Wide Leg Child Pose
Repeat child pose with the exception of placing your legs wide apart as noted in the image above.
How To Do A Downward Pose
See full instructions on how to do a downward facing dog correctly.
1) Start in a standing position.
2) Place your hands in a prayer position.
3) Inhale and raise your hands up fully extend from the side and finger tips touch at the top.
4) Exhale and hinge into standing forward bend with palms touching the mat.
5) Inhale and extend your spine into standing half forward bend with fingers touching the top of your feet.
6) Exhale and step or jump back to plank pose.
7) Exhale and push your hips toward the sky as you step each foot back until your body exhibits a downward dog in the shape of an inverted “V”. Keep palms flat on mat.
8) To exit pose, move your feet forward into standing forward bend with palms touching the mat.
How To Do A Upward Pose
See full instructions on how to do a upward facing dog correctly.
1) Lie flat on your belly.
2) Bend your arms and rest your palms on the floor on either side of your chest.
3) Inhale and squeeze your shoulders up to your ears.
4) Exhale and press your hands down while straightening your arms, bringing your torso and legs up off the floor as if you were doing a half push-up.
5) Slide your hands against the floor closer towards your feet while keeping your hips high.
6) Lengthen the sides of your body and keep your neck long.
How To Do A Low Lunge
1) From a downward dog pose, exhale and step your right foot forward between your hands, aligning right knee over the heel.
2) Keep your right leg in this position, bring your lower knee towards the floor.
3) Slide the left leg back until you feel the muscles stretching in your groin and as well as in the front of your left thigh.
4) The front part of your left foot should be turned to the floor.
5) Now inhale while lifting your body and making it upright.
6) Spread your arms to the sides and upwards. They should be perpendicular to the ground.
7) Lift your pubic bone towards your belly button and press your tailbone downwards.
8) Push your chest backwards as if against your back.
9) Lift your head upwards.
10) Stretch your fingers towards the ceiling.
11) Hold this position for 30 to 60 seconds.
12) Bring your hands down to the floor, and move your body towards the right thigh.
13) Exhale and take your left knee off the ground and step back into the original starting yoga pose for step #1.
14) Repeat all the above steps with the left leg and hold the position for the same amount of time.
How To Do A Lunge Twist
1) Step your right foot forward between your hands, with your feet hip-width apart.
2) Place your left hand on the floor directly under your shoulder and twist to the right.
3) Keep your hips square as you reach your right arm toward the ceiling.
How To Do A Chest To Thigh Pose
With knees bent and hands interlaced behind back, fold your body forward and keep your knees bent. This pose stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips.
How To Do A Lotus Pose
1) Start by sitting on the floor with legs out straight.
2) Bend the right knee and bring the foot across the body towards the left elbow.
3) If you can, hook your right foot in the left elbow and the right knee in the right elbow, bringing the hands together and creating a cradle for the leg and foot.
4) You can gently rock the leg back and forth to open the hip up a little more.
5) Bring the right foot down so the outside edge rests on the left groin.
6) Lean back slightly, lift the right leg off the ground and bend the left knee.
7) Bring the left foot across the body and into the right groin.
8) Firmly press your heels into your belly.
9) Sit tall, keeping your spine straight..
10) Rest your palms on your knees, facing up, down or pressed together in front of your chest.
11) Hold pose for up to 60 seconds.
12) Repeat step 1 to 11 now with the left knee bent in step 2.
Tips To Perform The Morning Yoga Routine
1) Perform every morning
2) During each pose inhale slowly taking a deep breath then exhale slowly
3) Relax and release any thoughts that lead to stress
4) Hold each pose 30 to 60 seconds
5) Complete each pose on either side of the body depending upon the pose
Benefits Of Yoga In The Morning
1) Encourages better sleep
2) It’s calming
3) Boost metabolism
4) Look younger
5) Builds habit to exercise
Additional Tips For Yoga Morning Routine For Beginners
As soon as you wake up, try to get outside to practice or open a window to get fresh air.
Stretch when you can. There is mounting scientific proof that a sedentary life leads to health problems.
See INFOGRAPHIC Below
Print PDF Below
Additional Printable Fitness Workout Routines
Fitness Training Resource
It is necessary to eat healthy, reduce stress, get sufficient sleep with a combination of cardio and strength exercise to help stave off fat deposits in the body.
Learn How To Eat Healthy
Clean up your eating habits and drink tons of water, consume healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.