How To Do A Proper Crunch
See below instructions, workouts and video demonstration on how to do a proper crunch.
Healthy Living Starts Here
What Is A Crunch Exercise And Muscles Worked
The crunch is one of the most common and popular abdominal exercises.
The crunch exercise primarily works the rectus abdominis, transversus abdominis and also works the oblique muscles.
Located perpendicularly along the front of the stomach, toned rectus abdominis muscles with minimal fat, forms a six pack.
Achieving “six pack abs” requires both abdominal muscle training and fat loss over the abdomen—which can only be done by losing fat from the body as a whole.
The transverse abdominal muscle is immediately beneath the internal oblique muscle.
The largest part of the trunk area is the external obliques located on each side of the body.
Abdominal crunches are an effective way to strengthen the front and side of your torso.
Crunch Exercise Steps
1. Lie down with your back flat on a mat.
2. Bend your knees in a 90 degree angle.
3. Cross your hands in front of your chest or place your hands behind your head, with your fingertips lightly touching the head, not clasping the head or neck.
4. Make sure there is a fist’s worth of space between your chin and chest.
5. Pull in your belly button.
6.Raise your head and shoulders off of the floor. Using your abdominal muscle sit up with your elbows to the side. You will feel tension in the abdomen.
7. Exhale as you sit up. Inhale as you lie down.
8. Do two or three sets of 10 to 15 repetitions each.
- 30 Day Ab Challenge
- Get A Flat And Toned Stomach Fast
- Flat Belly Workout
- Get Flat Abs While Standing Workout
- 30 Day Plank Challenge
- 30 Day Squat And Crunches Workout
- Best Ab Workouts At Home