How To Do A Proper Plank
See below instructions, FREE workouts and Video demonstration on how to do a proper plank exercise.
What Is A Plank Exercise And Muscles Used
The plank is one of the best bodyweight exercises for a flat, toned stomach because it works all the muscles in your core, including the rectus abdominus (the “six-pack muscles” ), transverse abdominus, internal and external obliques, hips, back, shoulder and arms.
How Often Should I Do The Plank Exercise
You could do it 2-3 times a week on non-consecutive days or you can train daily.
How Long Do You Hold A Plank Exercise
You can hold the plank position from 10 seconds to 5 minutes. If you are new to exercising, try 10 seconds. 2 minutes is a good goal to shot for. 3 to 5 minutes will give you even greater physical benefits.
We offer the 30 Day Plank Challenge as a means to gradually get you to hold your plank position longer.
How Many Calories Can You Burn Doing Planks
According to MyFitnessPal, a 150 pound person will burn 10 calories in 3 minutes. A 180 pound person will burn 12 calories in the same time.
Steps For Proper Plank Exercise
1) Start on your hands and knees on a mat.
2) Lift your knees off the mat and push your feet back, bringing your body to full extension with toes pressed into the mat.
3) Make sure your feet are shoulder-width apart to start. Press the palms of your hands flat on the mat with elbows bent, lifting your body so it forms a straight line.
4) Keep your core tight while you hold the plank.
Printable Workouts That Use The Plank
- 30 Day Plank Challenge
- Get A Flat And Toned Stomach Fast
- Full Body Workout At Home
- 10 Week Home Workout Plan
- 12 Week Workout Plan
- 30 Day Ab Challenge
- Incredible Workout To Melt Body Fat
- 25 Minute Workout
- 60 Bodyweight Exercises You Can Do At Home
- Best Workout For Love Handles
- Flat Belly Workout
- Bodyweight Exercises
- 7 Day Workout Plan
- Fat Burning Evening Workout
- Best Ab Workouts At Home