30 Day Plank Challenge
Featured on Today.com, Joey Thurman, a Chicago based celebrity trainer, explains why he loves our 30 Day Plank Challenge!
The plank workout is fast, easy and you can do it at home! If you want to lose belly fat and achieve a strong flat stomach, this is the #1 core exercise you need to do!
Healthy Living Starts Here
Is It Ok To Plank Everyday
Planking is an excellent way of challenging your entire body because doing them every day will burn more calories than other traditional abdominal exercises, such as crunches or sit-ups. The muscles you strengthen by doing this exercise on a day-to-day basis will ensure that you burn more energy even when sedentary. source: LifeHack
Muscle Groups Sculpted While Planking
The basic plank is one of the best exercises you can do for toned abdominal muscles, sculpted waistline, arms, shoulder blades and back.
In addition, it also tones the hamstrings, glutes, front, back and inner thigh!
Plus it improves flexibility, posture and reduce back pain.
How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing A Plank
If you weigh 150 pounds, a plank will help you burn between three and four calories per minute. The secret to burning belly fat is 80% diet, 20% exercise.
Follow a clean eating diet along with performing the plank workout for best results.
Scroll Below To See Full Instructions Along With Our Printable PDF For The Beginners Plank Workout
1) Featuring 1 exercise Day 1 to Day 30
2) Instructions on how to perform the forearm plank exercise
3) Infographic with visual instructions to follow online
4) Print PDF available at the end of the infographic
30 Day Instructions On How Long To Hold A Plank
1ST DAY: 20 SECONDS
2ND DAY: 20 SECONDS
3RD DAY: 30 SECONDS
4TH DAY: 30 SECONDS
5TH DAY: REST DAY
6TH DAY: 40 SECONDS
7TH DAY: 40 SECONDS
8TH DAY: 50 SECONDS
9TH DAY: 50 SECONDS
10TH DAY: REST DAY
11TH DAY: 1 MINUTE
12TH DAY: 1 MINUTE
13TH DAY: 1.5 MINUTES
14TH DAY: 1.5 MINUTES
15TH DAY: REST DAY
16TH DAY: 2 MINUTES
17TH DAY: 2 MINUTES
18TH DAY: 2.5 MINUTES
19TH DAY: 2.5 MINUTES
20TH DAY: REST DAY
21ST DAY: 3 MINUTES
22ND DAY: 3 MINUTES
23RD DAY: 3.5 MINUTES
24TH DAY: 3.5 MINUTES
25TH DAY: REST DAY
26TH DAY: 4 MINUTES
27TH DAY: 4 MINUTES
28TH DAY: 4.5 MINUTES
29TH DAY: 4.5 MINUTES
30TH DAY: REST DAY
How To Do The Planking Exercise For Beginners
The starting position must consist of good form and good posture.
1) Get in the plank position as if you are about to do a push up.
2) Your hands should be slightly wider than your shoulder.
3) Bend your elbows with your forearms on the mat.
4) Tighten your core and glutes while keeping your body in a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
5) Hold this position with toes pressed into the floor for the prescribed time.
Plank Exercise Video Demonstration
Modify The Plank Workout If Necessary
If the planking workout proves to be too difficult to hold for more than a second or two, place your knees on the exercise mat.
As you gain strength, holding the pose for longer periods of time should become much easier.
Make Your Planks Harder & More Effective For 6 Pack Abs
Are you game for more? Try holding your arm and left leg in the air as you hold the pose. This forces your muscles to work even harder, building greater strength.
Or try the side plank, a modification often missed as its excellent for the mid section.
1) Start on your left side with your feet together with your forearm directly below your shoulder.
2) Contract your core and raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from head to feet.
3) Hold a plank position without letting your hips drop for the allotted time for each set, then repeat on the other side.
Soon it will be you bragging about your rock-hard body! You will establish serious core strength!
Kickstart your weight loss efforts with the plank challenge!
Holding your breath will cause you to feel dizzy. Just breath normally during the amount of time you are engaged in performing the plank. Always tighten your core muscles.