30-Day Plank Challenge
Featured on Today.com, Joey Thurman, a Chicago based celebrity trainer, explains why he loves our 30 Day Plank Challenge!
The plank workout is fast, easy and you can do it at home! If you want to lose belly fat and achieve a strong flat stomach, this is the #1 core exercise you need to do!
Planking builds core strength like no other exercise!
Healthy Living Starts Here
Scroll Below To See Full Instructions Along With Our Printable PDF For The Beginners Plank Workout
1) Featuring 1 exercise Day 1 to Day 30
2) Instructions on how to perform the forearm plank exercise
3) Infographic with visual instructions to follow online
4) Print PDF available at the end of the infographic
10 Tips To Get Amazing Results
3) Don’t stock junk food in the pantry
4) Print 7 day keto meal plan & cheat sheet
5) Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables to boost fiber intake
6) Print 10 week workout below and do the workout
7) Consume mostly water and cut down on alcohol
8) Print healthy eating grocery list and shop smart
9) Print meal plan template to keep you organized
10) Prep your meals
Before we get to the workout. Let’s address some common FAQ’s.
Is It Ok To Plank Everyday
Planking is an excellent way of challenging your entire body because doing them every day will burn more calories than other traditional abdominal exercises, such as crunches or sit-ups. The muscles you strengthen by doing this exercise on a day-to-day basis will ensure that you burn more energy even when sedentary. source: LifeHack
How Long Should A Beginner Hold A Plank
Our challenge starts with a 20 seconds on Day 1, then you gradually work your way up.
A minimum of 60 seconds is ideal for beginners, according to Doug Sklar, a certified personal trainer and founder of PhilanthroFIT in New York City.
Do Planks Burn Belly Fat?
Plank is one of the best calorie burning and beneficial exercises. A plank hold engages multiple muscles at once, thereby benefiting the core strength of your body. Not just burning the fat around your abdomen area, they also work by giving you an improved posture, flexibility as well as a tighter tummy. source: Times Of India
How Long Should I Plank For A Flat Stomach
This exercise works to achieve a flat tummy! However, don’t push it only do what the challenges says for the specific day to prevent an injury and maintain proper form.
Depending on your fitness level, you can hold a plank for anywhere from 20 seconds up to 4 minutes.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Doing Planks?
- Toned belly
- Upper body strength
- Reduce back pain
- Mood boost
- Improve balance and posture
- Boost metabolism all day if done first thing in the morning
Muscle Groups Sculpted While Planking
The basic plank is one of the best exercises you can do for toned abdominal muscles, sculpted waistline, arms, shoulder blades, chest, triceps, biceps and lower back.
In addition, it also tones the hamstrings, glutes, front, back and inner thigh!
How Many Calories Do You Burn Doing A Plank
If you weigh 150 pounds, a plank will help you burn between three and four calories per minute. The secret to burning belly fat is 80% diet, 20% exercise.
Follow a clean eating diet along with performing the plank workout for beginners for best results.
30-Day Plank Challenge On How Long To Hold A Plank
1ST DAY: 20 SECONDS
2ND DAY: 20 SECONDS
3RD DAY: 30 SECONDS
4TH DAY: 30 SECONDS
5TH DAY: REST DAY
6TH DAY: 40 SECONDS
7TH DAY: 40 SECONDS
8TH DAY: 50 SECONDS
9TH DAY: 50 SECONDS
10TH DAY: REST DAY
11TH DAY: 1 MINUTE
12TH DAY: 1 MINUTE
13TH DAY: 1.5 MINUTES
14TH DAY: 1.5 MINUTES
15TH DAY: REST DAY
16TH DAY: 2 MINUTES
17TH DAY: 2 MINUTES
18TH DAY: 2.5 MINUTES
19TH DAY: 2.5 MINUTES
20TH DAY: REST DAY
21ST DAY: 3 MINUTES
22ND DAY: 3 MINUTES
23RD DAY: 3.5 MINUTES
24TH DAY: 3.5 MINUTES
25TH DAY: REST DAY
26TH DAY: 4 MINUTES
27TH DAY: 4 MINUTES
28TH DAY: 4.5 MINUTES
29TH DAY: 4.5 MINUTES
30TH DAY: REST DAY
How To Do The Planking Exercise For Beginners
The starting position must consist of good form and good posture.
1) Get in the plank position as if you are about to do a push up.
2) Your hands should be slightly wider than your shoulder.
3) Bend your elbows with your forearms on the mat.
4) Tighten your core and glutes while keeping your body in a straight line from shoulders to ankles.
5) Hold this position with toes pressed into the floor for the prescribed time.
Plank Exercise Video Demonstration
Modify The Plank Workout If Necessary
If the planking workout proves to be too difficult to hold for more than a second or two, place your knees on the exercise mat.
As you gain strength, holding the pose for longer periods of time should become much easier and there are also plank variations as well.
Make Your Planks Harder & More Effective For 6 Pack Abs
Are you game for more? Try holding your arm and left leg in the air as you hold the pose. This forces your muscles to work even harder, building greater strength.
Or try the side plank, a modification often missed as its excellent for the mid section.
1) Start on your left side with your feet together with your forearm directly below your shoulder.
2) Contract your core and raise your hips until your body forms a straight line from head to feet.
3) Stabilizing your body is key. Hold a plank position without letting your hips drop for the allotted time for each set, then repeat on the other side.
Soon it will be you bragging about your rock-hard body! You will establish serious core strength!
Kickstart your weight loss efforts with the plank challenge for beginners!
Further Instructions For 30-Day Plank Challenge
Holding your breath will cause you to feel dizzy. Just breath normally during the amount of time you are engaged in performing the plank. Always tighten your core muscles.
Planks for beginners is a simple yet highly effective exercise.
See 30-Day Plank Challenge INFOGRAPHIC Below
30-Day Plank Challenge Print PDF Below
Fitness Training Resource
More Fitness Tips
It is necessary to eat healthy, reduce stress, get sufficient sleep with a combination of cardio and strength exercise to help stave off fat deposits in the body.
Learn How To Eat Healthy
Clean up your eating habits and drink tons of water, consume healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.
Use our state of the art FREE heathy living tracking tool with up to 180 challenges to gain lasting results.