Thai Chicken Salad
Try the Thai Chicken Salad with its amazing texture. Its packed with tons of flavor that you will soon make this salad a regular part of your list of favourite recipes.
Healthy Living Starts Here
Chicken Health Benefit
Chicken is high in protein. The amount of protein found in chicken is 27 g per 100 g, which is very high. Protein plays an important role in our diet.
It is made of amino acids that make up protein which are the building blocks of our muscle.
Chicken, an important source of minerals and vitamins, health benefits include controlling blood pressure, development of muscles, healthy bones, reduces PMS symptoms, prevent cataracts and skin disorders.
It also boost immunity and testosterone levels, eliminates weakness, regulates digestion, improves the nervous system, as well as preventing migraines, heart disorders, grey hair, high cholesterol, reduced cancer risk, diabetes and weight reduction.
Diets with high levels of protein have been known to be effective in reducing weight and chicken has been one of the main contenders in weight loss, since it provides high protein content.
Studies and trials have shown that significant weight control was observed for individuals who regularly eat chicken.
Here are some tips and suggestions that may help you reap the maximum nutritional benefits of chicken:
- It is healthier to consume hormone-free, 100% organic free range chicken, if possible.
- It is healthier to discard the skin prior to consumption, as chicken skin tends to be fatty.
- Chicken meat should always be cooked thoroughly prior to consumption, since raw chicken meat commonly has the salmonella organism that can make you very sick if ingested.
- Using soap and water be sure to wash all surfaces and hands that come in contact with raw chicken meat.
- Sensitive to heat, it is best to marinate or defrost chicken in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature.
- Raw chicken can be frozen up to 2 years.
Gluten Free And Paleo
(If fish sauce is made with just fish and salt (and possibly other natural ingredients for flavor), then it can be safely consumed on a Paleo diet)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (Red Boat brand)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Honey, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews, toasted and chopped
Read full details on: Wendy Polisi and image courtesy of Wendy Polisi