photo source: wendypolisi.com
Thai Chicken Salad
Try the Thai Chicken Salad with its amazing texture. Its packed with tons of flavour that you will soon make this salad a regular part of your list of favourite recipes.
Some ingredients of note I have to mention are chicken, coconut oil, minced garlic and fish sauce.
Healthy Living Starts Here
Chicken Health Benefit
Chicken is high in protein. The amount of protein found in chicken is 27 g per 100 g, which is very high. Protein plays an important role in our diet.
It is made of amino acids that make up protein which are the building blocks of our muscle.
Chicken, an important source of minerals and vitamins, health benefits include controlling blood pressure, development of muscles, healthy bones, reduces PMS symptoms, prevent cataracts and skin disorders.
It also boost immunity and testosterone levels, eliminates weakness, regulates digestion, improves the nervous system, as well as preventing migraines, heart disorders, grey hair, high cholesterol, reduced cancer risk, diabetes and weight reduction.
Diets with high levels of protein have been known to be effective in reducing weight and chicken has been one of the main contenders in weight loss, since it provides high protein content.
Studies and trials have shown that significant weight control was observed for individuals who regularly eat chicken.
Here are some tips and suggestions that may help you reap the maximum nutritional benefits of chicken:
- It is healthier to consume hormone-free, 100% organic free range chicken, if possible.
- It is healthier to discard the skin prior to consumption, as chicken skin tends to be fatty.
- Chicken meat should always be cooked thoroughly prior to consumption, since raw chicken meat commonly has the salmonella organism that can make you very sick if ingested.
- Using soap and water be sure to wash all surfaces and hands that come in contact with raw chicken meat.
- Sensitive to heat, it is best to marinate or defrost chicken in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature.
- Raw chicken can be frozen up to 2 years.
Coconut Oil & Minced Garlic
The health benefits of coconut oil are enormous and below I provide a video on how to mince garlic.
How To Peel And Mince Garlic
What Is Fish Sauce
Fish sauce traditionally consists of anchovies and sea salt as the only ingredients.
If fish sauce is made with just fish and salt (and possibly other natural ingredients for flavour), then it can be safely consumed on a Paleo diet.
Gluten Free, Paleo & Dairy Free with a Vegan Option
Ingredients & Preparation
Read full details on: Wendy Polisi