Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
If you can’t help but drool over these gorgeous cookies I will tell you right now you are in for a treat!
Soft, perfectly textured cookies with healthy ingredients such as oats, coconut, chocolate chips with LOTS of peanut butter, get ready to dive in!
Health Benefit Of Peanut Butter
- Promotes growth of muscles and bones
- Helps to lower cholesterol
- Rich in antioxidants
- Reduces risk of gallstones
- Relieves constipation
- High in potassium
- Reduces risk in heart disease
- Reduces risk of diabetes
Why Go For Natural Peanut Butter
Natural peanut butter does not contain partially hydrogenated oil, the trans fat-laden ingredient that makes classic peanut butter silky smooth.
It also does not contain sugar or salt.
Fresh, ground peanut butter is more nutritious than regular peanut butter and in a perfect world, natural peanut butter would contain only peanuts and salt and yes there are brands out there that are truly natural peanut butter.
Tip – Solve The Natural Peanut Butter Oil Separation
Leave your natural peanut butter jars upside down overnight before stirring the peanut butter.
The oil will rise to the bottom of the jar making the stirring process much cleaner, easier, and more efficient. Try it.
Why Choose Gluten Free Oats
Most commercial oats are processed in facilities that also process barley, rye and wheat.
The gluten in these ingredients can contaminate the oats, and the nature of most gluten intolerances is that even a trace amount of gluten can cause severe discomfort.
So one box of conventional oats may not create a reaction for a gluten-intolerant person, but then the next box might.
It’s best to completely avoid conventionally grown oats when cooking so try to choose gluten free oats instead.
Vegan And Gluten Free
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup natural, unsalted peanut butter (make sure to use naturally liquidy PB)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons warm water, whisked together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
Read full details on: Beaming Baker and image courtesy of Beaming Baker