Packed with protein the vegan and gluten free, No Bake Almond Butter Coconut Bites, is a delicious nutty, lightly sweet energy bite with only 6 ingredients.
Almond butter is a combination of almond, honey and sea salt blended in a food processor.
A small serving of almond butter contains a significant amount of magnesium that boosts heart health.
Almond butter full of healthy flavonoids, is a good source of healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamins (such as vitamin E), minerals, and fiber that promotes healthy digestion. The low glycemic index and protective antioxidants of almonds makes almond butter a wise choice for those at risk for diabetes as it helps keep blood sugar stable.
Consuming almond butter weekly reduces the risk of coronary heart disease by more than 35%.
Studies show that eating a few tablespoons of almond butter helps lower the risk of developing gallstones in women.
The antioxidant action from Vitamin E helps lower cholesterol.
The protein content of almond butter is the same as meat protein that is of the same quantity.
Helpful Tips And Suggestions
- Store almond butter in a glass jar to maintain freshness.
- Use raw almonds to make roasted almond butter.
How To Make Homemade Almond Butter
Use 2 cups of raw, no salt almonds.
Smooth Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread 2 cups of almonds on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. Check the almonds in 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of roasted almonds in a food processor and let it run for about 5-10 minutes until desired smoothness.
It takes a few minutes for the almonds to release the oils for a creamy nut-butter. You will notice a dry, meal-like consistency within a few minutes. The fibers will eventually break down. so continue to run the food processor until you achieve the smoothness you desire.
Chunky Almond Butter
- Roughly chop ¼ cup of roasted almonds, use a knife or a food processor. Set aside.
- Follow the steps above to make a SMOOTH Almond Butter with the remaining almonds.
- Once you reach a smooth, creamy texture, add the roughly chopped almonds and pulse for 10 seconds.
Recipe for homemade almond butter yields 1 cup. Store in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
It’s very easy to incorporate the health benefits of almond butter into your diet. You can substitute almond butter for peanut butter for smoothies, desserts, crackers etc.
Vegan & Gluten Free
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds or other gluten-free, vegan add-ins (chocolate chips, raisins, etc.)
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
Read full details on: Beaming Baker and image courtesy of Beaming Baker