Maple Glazed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
A recipe that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, Maple Glazed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes comprises of only 6 ingredients – sweet potatoes, maple syrup, chicken, green onion, butter and streak grill seasoning blend.
Healthy Living Starts Here
Health Benefit Of Maple Syrup
Maple syrup contains numerous antioxidants, has a lower score on the glycemic index, fights inflammatory disease, may help protect against cancer, boost skin health, and is a healthier alternative to white sugar.
Maple syrup supplies important minerals and vitamins. It contains zinc and manganese in fairly high amounts, in addition to calcium and potassium. Zinc helps to fight illness and improve immunity since it keeps your level of white blood cells up. Manganese plays a crucial role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, blood sugar regulation, brain and nerve function and calcium absorption.
Chicken high in protein, is an important source of minerals and vitamins.
Chicken health benefits include prevention of cataracts and skin disorders, boost in immunity and testosterone levels, eliminates weakness, regulates digestion, controls blood pressure, development of muscles, healthy bones, reduces PMS sympthoms, improves the nervous system, as well as preventing heart disorders, grey hair, high cholesterol, migraines, reduced cancer risk, diabetes and weight reduction.
Based on its high protein content of 27 g per 100 g, studies have shown that significant weight control was observed for individuals who regularly eat chicken.
Chicken: Helpful Tips And Suggestions
- Try to consume hormone-free, 100% organic free range chicken.
- Discard the skin prior to consumption, as chicken skin tends to be fatty.
- Chicken should always be cooked thoroughly prior to consumption.
- Defrost chicken in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature.
- 1 pound 8-ounce package refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons steak grilling seasoning blend, such as Montreal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion (about 4)
Read full details on: BHG and image courtesy of BHG