Buffalo Veggie Burger
This awesome buffalo veggie burger is loaded with tons of flavour. It is actually easy to prepare and your friends and family will absolutely love when you present this delicious recipe for them to enjoy!
Healthy Living Starts Here
Gluten Free Substitute Ingredients
You can make this recipe 100% gluten free with GF certified oats, grain free bun or substitute the bun for lettuce and enjoy as a lettuce wrap!
Veggie Burger Tips To Keep The Burger From Falling Apart
Make sure you use a food processor to prep the oats and chickpeas that helps to keep the burgers together along with its fantastic texture.
Eggs help veggie burgers hold together due to the saturated fats. For an eggless burger, use a different type of binder.
I personally love using a vegan egg for this recipe. I was elated when I found this product! It taste like real eggs and its the best vegan egg product on the marketplace!
You may also make a flax egg by combining 1 Tbs. ground flax seed and 3 Tbs. warm water and letting it sit until it gels. You can also make this type of egg replacement with chia seeds or psyllium husks.
Agar agar gets gelatinous when mixed with an equal amount of water. You can also create a binder by combining cornstarch, tapioca starch or arrowroot powder with warm water.
Keep the jalapeño it adds a kick to the recipe! Do not eliminate it!
Try different ingredients, such as black bean or corn.
If you prefer to bake versus pan fry, bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
Thinner patties versus thick patties are best to create more crunch and crisp to the burger. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup diced/minced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced/minced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot, chopped
- 1-2 TBSP green onion, chopped
- 1/2 TBSP oil (avocado or olive) plus extra to cook the burgers in
- 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot sauce, or equivalent
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg or flax egg (1 TBSP ground flax + 3 TBSP water)
For the slaw:
- 1 heaping cup cabbage, finely chopped/shredded
- 1/2 a fresh jalapeño, sliced thin
- a drizzle of avocado (or olive) oil
- splash of white wine vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings + extras:
- Burger buns
- Leafy greens of your choice
- Frank’s red hot sauce or Buffalo Sauce for drizzling
- Ranch Dressing
- Cheddar cheese
- Plus add any veggies +/or toppings
Read full details on: Peas & Crayons and image courtesy of Peas & Crayons