If you are looking for a fresh crisp salad and you happen to love broccoli you will love this salad. Full of flavour the Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce is the #1 salad we feature on this site.
Loaded with tons of nutrients, broccoli belongs to the cruciferous vegetable family, which includes kale, cauliflower, bok choy, cabbage, collard greens, brussels sprouts, turnips and rutabaga.
Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like broccoli decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting lower weight, increased energy, healthy complexion and hair.
Broccoli a poweful antioxidant, is also known for cancer prevention, cholesterol reduction, reduction in allergy reaction and inflammation, improved bone health and excellent detoxification support.
If you are trying to eat healthier, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli should be at the very top of your grocery list.
Vegan, Vegetarian And Gluten Free
Broccoli Salad Ingredients
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 batch peanut sauce (recipe below)
- sesame seeds, for garnish
Peanut Sauce Ingredients
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (if you are gluten-free, use GF soy sauce or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
Read full details on: Gimme Some Oven